St. Mary's Parish Nurse Ministry Program
Ruth E. Williams, RN, MEPD, MSN
|Examples of Parish Nurse Ministries...|
- office hours every Friday at the commons from 9 a.m. to noon.
- blood pressure screening every Friday at the commons from 9 a.m. to noon.
- coordinates CPR classes, support groups.
- teaches HIV/AIDS classes, BSE classes, infection control classes.
- refers to community resources and supports members in "lifestyle changes."
- provides a listening and prayerful presence during times of concern.
- visits hospital, homes, and nursing homes.
- prays with church members.
- coordinates/sponsors Rose Ministry.
- provides for Parish Nurse newsletter.
- Designs monthly church parish nurse bulletin board.
"Peace of Mind gives health of body." Proverbs 14:30